You will be responsible for developing the server side game code for Illuvium and building the backend of a massive online game! You will be developing highly performant, highly scalable systems on AWS Lambda and other AWS products using mostly C# with a splash of JS and C++, as well as getting exposure to blockchain technologies. Our work environment is highly autonomous giving contributors a large say in how we do things and lots of chances to contribute to help build our best practices. We are using modern tools and techniques, with a focus on a serverless offering. This is a greenfield project with no tech debt or legacy code!
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
- Architect, design, and implement solutions on AWS
- Write AWS Lambda functions in C#
- Integrate C++ libraries with AWS Lambda
- Create data driven backends using DynamoDB and Lambda
- Automate software delivery pipelines for various game clients and game backends
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around Security, DevOps and Infrastructure
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
Skills & Qualifications
- Has 5+ years developing backend C# development ideally within the context of a serverless approach (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with AWS Services including Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, Cognito
- Expert level knowledge of C#
- Has familiarity with working in a remote/distributed team
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment such as Finance or Gambling is desirable but not required
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and keep up to date with a fast-moving technology landscape
- You must be able to develop quality code in your own right
- Anticipate long-term issues and problems, but also build for the present
- Work independently but also engage with the team
- An interest in with, gaming, blockchain, or both
- Some experience with C++, JS or both is desirable
- Familiarity with automation and IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Gradle, Jenkins, etc) will be highly regarded
- Experience integrating with blockchain technologies will be highly regarded
All of our jobs are 100% remote and we are looking to find the best talent globally!